5 Signs it’s Time to Start Looking For a New Job
1. You REALLY dread going to work every day: Most of us spend 40+ hours a week working. That is such a large portion of your week and simply too much time to be miserable. If you seriously have to drag yourself out of the house everyday to go to work AND come home feeling upset every night, you should consider a new job. What makes you happy? What are you passionate about? Where do you excel? You should be spending those 40+ hours working somewhere that inspires you, makes you happy, or pushes you to grow! No amount of money is worth being miserable every day.
2. You feel an overwhelming amount of stress daily: Chronic stress can lead to insomnia, anxiety, a weakened immune system, depression, and/or other health problems. It is extremely important to make sure you are taking care of yourself and your health. If your work is causing too much stress, it may be time to make some changes.
3. Your work environment is toxic: Are you not treated with respect? Do your coworkers have bad/unpleasant attitudes? Is there terrible communication? Or is there always some sort of drama? If so, this is not a healthy environment to be in and definitely not one you are going to want to stay in.
4. You’re bored: Do you feel as though you’re not utilizing all of your skills? Do you find yourself waiting around for more to do? This may be another reason for you to seek a new job. It’s important to feel challenged and feel as though you are truly contributing as much as you have to offer. If your workplace does not have room for you to grow in your career, then it may be time to move on to a new opportunity.
5. You constantly think about quitting: This may seem obvious, but not everyone will take action to change this. If you consider quitting daily and/or think about how your life could be at another workplace, you should acknowledge those thoughts and do something about it. Start thinking of a plan of action. Look at job boards, connect with a recruiter, see what else is out there, etc! Change can be scary, but sometimes it is necessary.
If this post resonates with you and you are looking to find a new job, don’t hesitate to reach out to our recruiting team. Here at Market Street Talent we strive to find the absolute best fit for YOU. We want you to be happy and successful!
CLICK HERE to take a look at all of our current job postings:
CLICK HERE to fill out a form to connect with one of our amazing recruiters: